At Focused Expeditions Pty Ltd ABN 12 608 700 698, we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
What is Personal Information?
The Privacy Act defines personal information to mean:
“information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not.”
What is Sensitive Information?
“Sensitive information” is a subset of personal information and means:
“information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political organisation, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record, health information about an individual, genetic information, biometric information or templates.”
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold vary depending on the services we are providing, but generally can include:
- Your contact information such as full name (first and last), e-mail address, current postal address, delivery address (if different to postal address) and phone numbers;
- Details relating to your employment (if applicable) or your previous employment;
- Your date of birth
- Purchase history;
- Other information specific to our products or services such as your opinions, statements and endorsements collected personally or via surveys and questionnaires, including but not limited to your views on the products and services offered by Focused Expeditions Pty Ltd; and
- If you are requesting products or services from us, we will collect any relevant payment or billing information, (including but not limited to bank account details, direct debit, credit card details, billing address, premium funding and installment information.
The type of sensitive information we may collect generally includes:
- health information; and
- membership of a professional or trade association.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means and where it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
If we collect details about you from someone else, we will, take reasonable steps to make you aware of the collection in accordance with the APPs.
We may obtain personal information indirectly and who it is from can depend on the circumstances. We will usually obtain it from another customer if they engage with us or who we enter into business alliances with.
We attempt to limit the collection and use of sensitive information from you unless we are required to do so in order to carry out the services provided to you. However, we do not collect sensitive information without your consent.
We hold the personal information we collect within our own data storage devices or with a third party provider of data storage. We discuss the security of your personal information below.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you also have a right to have your complaint reviewed by Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. (OAIC)
OAIC provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. OAIC will be able to consider complaints relating to a breach of obligations of the Privacy Act or Consumer Data Framework, providing the complaint falls within OAIC’s jurisdiction. We are bound by OAIC’s determinations once accepted by the complainant. You can contact OAIC by:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Mail: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
If you would like further details of our Privacy Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details listed above.
We recommend that you retain this information for future reference.
How to contact us and opt out rights.
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy.